A forklift management system appears as a general application applied by warehouse managers to increase productivity. Information such as maintenance time, efficiency, and cost of each forklift in a work area are among the information that the management system must analyze continuously. The way to make this system easier and more effective is to get help from advanced technologies. IoT-supported forklift fleet management system becomes one of the prominent technologies.
Solutions of Forklift Fleet Management
Forklift fleet management solutions are one of the most effective ways to identify and eliminate waste and inefficiency within the company. Forklift fleet management includes the creation of various analyzes to reduce costs and increase operator/forklift productivity. When establishing forklift management, companies are provided to answer the following critical questions:
- How much is spent on the fleet each year?
- Are the costs evenly distributed among the fleet?
- Is sufficient capacity building for the fleet successful? (Is there an idle forklift?)
- Is the annual productivity average of forklifts and operators successful?
- Are there efficiency differences between the operator and forklifts?
How Important is the Forklift Management System?
The forklift management system aims to provide more efficient fleet management. Despite the benefits it brings, the cost and complexity of implementing a comprehensive forklift fleet management and operator management program prevent some organizations from taking advantage of this system. However, when the forklift management system is installed, it is not an application that will go to waste.
With a minimal cost investment in a company’s fleet, it can gather a lot of useful information that will impact development. In addition, this research shows that IoT-supported forklift management systems will be among the indispensable technologies in the future.
“The Forklift IoT solution market is expected to reach $47.6 billion by 2025 with a CAGR of 12.0% during the 2020-2025 forecast period.”
What are the Applications Created with the Forklift Management System?
Forklift fleet management companies organize various practices to create an organized, efficient, and effective working team. Both forklifts and operators are subjected to these practices. Some of the systems specified by forklift management specialists that need to be installed are:
Forklift Tracking System
UWB-based forklift tracker devices mounted on forklifts or other vehicles create an improved tracking system by collecting real-time data. Forklift trackers designed as hybrids support both UWB and GPS protocols. This system, where indoor and outdoor tracking becomes possible, can be integrated into asset tracking management panels. The prominent benefits are:
- Quickly locate forklifts and reduce detection time; Time gain.
- Optimize forklift routes with both real and historical movement data; Increasing efficiency.
- Minimize old and costly forklifts with forklift tracking; Protecting the budget.
Collision Avoidance System
Collision avoidance systems can be integrated into forklift management systems. If you want to increase efficiency in a company, you must find solutions to avoid potential risks. Protecting forklift and operator health is both an employer obligation and the advantage of creating an uninterrupted working order. In this system, UWB tags are integrated into pedestrians, forklifts, and operators. The prominent benefits are:
- Pedestrian and forklift accidents are minimized; Gaining a safe working environment.
- Accidents are immediately intervened with notifications from forklift fleet management software; Providing full control.
- Identifying areas for pedestrian and forklift crossings with geofencing-generated digital maps; Effective use of the workspace.
Forklift Utilization Optimization
Vibration sensors and position sensors work together with forklift utilization optimization. Vibration sensors placed on the forklift transmit the information it collects to the position sensors at the end of the day. Working data collected during the day is transferred to the system via gateways located in the parking areas. The prominent benefits are:
- Measure how long forklifts work during the day; Efficiency analysis
- Take a look at operator productivity by analyzing idle times; Effective planning
- Identify your fleet’s operational needs by detecting inefficient uses and course deviations; Foresight to organize useful training,
- Identify costs and modernize your fleet as needed; Reaching maximum efficiency.
The applications that should be included in the forklift management system are determined according to the sector’s needs. The above are the most frequently preferred systems. Do not forget that you should create the fleet management required for your company by determining your needs first.
Contact Boni Global and let’s create your fleet management plan together.